I made a quilt for Munchkin #1 and it only seemed fair that Munchkin #2 got one as well. The pattern is "Fire Drill" from Elizabeth Hartman's Modern Patchwork.
Here I experimented with various block patterns and color combinations. In the end, the warm to cool color gradation and visual order of the diamond pattern won out.
The pattern from the book was for a queen size, but I wanted to match the smaller size of the first quilt I made. I scaled the pattern's measurements to 85% to make it crib size.
This sheet helped make sure I had enough of each fabric and the right amount of pieces cut at the right sizes.
Scaling down the pattern didn't allow for nice, even measurements. I taped this guide to the back of my ruler to aid in cutting.
The most difficult part of the process was ensuring the angles were correct.